Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Recycle Project. Router Bit Storage Cabinet

Again, I've decided to make something that would make me happy.  I love organization and can't work unless everything is organized.  So when I was thinking about what to do with all my scrap wood I decided I would make a cabinet to hold all my router bits and accessories.
I didn't have a plan so I had to plan as I went.  I wanted at least two drawers and enough space for all my router bits and future router bits.  This cabinet is the perfect size for me.  To make the groves in the sides of the cabinet for the drawers and the bit shelves I lined the sides up on my work bench and clamped them together and used a 3/8 straight bit to make the groves.  This worked out perfectly because all my groves lined up perfectly.  I did however have a few errors in my calculations so I only have 3 router bit shelves instead of the 4 I had planned on.
Here are some pictures of my cabinet.  I did not paint and it's not perfect but it is perfect for me.  :)






2 comments:

  1. I am craftsman by profession. Using lots of bits is part of my job. I like the above Router bit storage cabinet. I think is really good and value for money. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myeliza, you are so right it was great value it only cost me a couple dollars for the hinges and one knob and I just made my own drawer handles. I'm glad I saved the wood. and I'm very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete