Friday, December 28, 2012

Up-Cycled project, small parts bin organizer

About 2 years ago I purchased a small parts bin organizer for my garage.  I used it to hold all my nuts, bolts, screws and nails.  I paid about 24.99 for it and it really was a worthless bunch of junk.  If I needed a bottom bin then I had to take all the bins on top of it off and half the time I ended up playing pick up nails, screws, bolts and nuts!  So I finally did a bit of cleaning yesterday and I had an old drawer that I used to hold paint junk.  Not a really good solution because like any drawer, you can't find anything you need when you need it.
So I decided that this old drawer would make the perfect cabinet for my parts bins....oh the idea went swimming through my head.  I marched out into the garage this morning and got started on my new project.  A project that was for me!  Something I really wanted so I was so excited.  With a little less than 1/2 sheet of 1/4 inch plywood left over from the hutch project, a drawer, a good length of left over 1x12 that I glued a 1x6 to to make wider and some other left over bits and pieces I made myself this wonderful parts bin cabinet.  No I didn't paint it...and I didn't make sure each door was exactly the same size and I had to cut off a bit of the front of each bin...BUT I AM SO HAPPY about this project that I could just have a big ole garage cleaning party! <wink>



No comments:

Post a Comment