Friday, October 10, 2014

The Fox Tangle



I want to design a block of the month quilt.  This is my center block and I have started the design for 3 more (much easier) blocks.  This one I rushed a bit so I don't have the tangle part as perfect as it should be but I love it anyway.  Today I got it all hand appliqued into place on the back ground.  Tomorrow I will audition centers for the Dresden plate.  I'm thinking either gold/yellow or pink/purple or green.  I will decide this tomorrow and get it sewn into place.  I think I will make this one into a wall hanging so that it can also be a stand alone design or can be block one of 12 blocks.
I am happy with this design, I have always been fond of Celtic designs.
You really have to pin and glue the Celtic design into place before you begin hand sewing because the bias tape goes over and under itself in several locations which is what makes the design appealing to me.  Someone suggested I call this block the Fox Tangle or Fox Tango which I think is so cute.  I might just consider the Fox Tangle... :)
Here is some of my process on this block so far.





1 comment:

  1. That is really pretty. I'm all thumbs with stuff like that. Looks great to me

    ReplyDelete