The first thing I set out to try to cut is 3/4" oak with a mirror cut. Well unfortunately this did not work. The oak is just way to hard. So I tried the same file (heddle stands for my looms) on some pine and wallah it worked like a charm. I'm not sure I want to use pine for the heddle stands but it might work since they really don't get any stress.
So then I moved on to making a new shuttle. Oh yes a new shuttle! This one has been in my mind for some time to make. A "potential" customer has been nagging "sort of" me for a ski shuttle for months. I told her when time permits that I would give it a go. Well finally I did. This is the proto type it is 1" tall x 1" wide x 16" long. I'm going to change the width to 1.5" so more yarn can fit onto it and I'm also going to do a 13" version.
Well without further ado here is my first ski shuttle. These I made from solid mahogany.
As you can see from the bottom I need to work on the file so the tabs come all the way through to the bottom. :) These will be in the scratch and dent section.