Thursday, July 26, 2018

Another Two Treadle Floor Tape Loom

It seems I've been working on this for 6 months.  I had hoped to be done way before now but they are time consuming and because I'm busy filling orders everyday I just don't get a chance to work on these.  This one is near done...  I have final sanding and fitting to do as well as a finish and gluing up the warp and take up rods.  The heddles will be made from Padauk to match the treadles and the ratchet, pawls and tenon peg.  This one is made from hard maple.
I acquired some nice oak legs that I will be re-purposing for one in oak.  It is so hot here that I can't work long in the garage, it's a scorcher this summer.  But since my shop is closed till the 20th of August because of the heat I'm working in the mornings to try and make a few things I've been wanting to have in my shop so stay tuned for new items...  This one is spoken for many times so I really need to get the other one made.  It will just have to be first come basis.  I think I'll do a FB Handywoman page post when it's ready to purchase so that people who follow me on FB will see it's ready to purchase :).
So here she is so far.













Glue up day.






No comments:

Post a Comment