Friday, December 28, 2018

Treadle Tape loom update

Today I was able to work a bit on the latest treadle tape loom.  This one will be cherry and purple-heart
Once all the parts are cut out then there is sanding to do and lots of it....then I will do a dry fit and check that all is correct.  Once all is good I can put a finish on all the pieces.  Once they are dry begin the assembly.  I'm hoping this one will be done in a couple weeks. 


.  I have the Front apron, top rod and take up rod assembly pieces, the castle top, the ratchets and treadles cut out.  The top has been glued up and I scrapped the glue off today and will run it through the drum sander on Sunday and make the rest of the loom parts (heddle frame sides, legs, aprons for the legs and cut the pockets for all the rod and heddle assemblies in the base. 


No comments:

Post a Comment