Friday, January 12, 2024

While closed for the holiday's a few 18th Century reproduction 2 treadle looms were made.

 Every year I close the second week of November and I don't re-open till January 3rd.  This is so I can have some much needed time for family and friends and so I too can enjoy the holiday's.  But also to make a few things I don't get a chance to very often throughout the year.

This year was a good year for treadle looms as I ended up getting 5 made.  The first three sold within moments of posting them but I have two that haven't sold yet and I'm secretly considering keeping one of these for my self.  I do have the prototype but they are just getting so nice that I sure would like to make sure I get one.  :)
Anyway here are the three we made during our break this year.  I'm videoing Summer who I paid to demonstrate how to use the looms.

This one is sold and is made from California burl Cottonwood and Padauk

Here is a video:  Here is a video of this loom










This one is Walnut and Ambrosia.  Here is a video of this loom.










And this one is the Cherry one.  Here is a video  Cherry Two Treadle Loom







And they come completely apart!





 

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented. And you make such beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete