Thursday, August 28, 2014

Learning to Paint watercolor, just dive in!

I'm really enjoying learning to use water color paint.  Mostly I have been doing ATC's which are the tiniest little paintings.  But since I've found watercolor canvas I've done a couple larger paintings.  I have many different mediums that I could use that would probably be much easier since there are tons of classes for acrylics and oils and pastels but no classes on water color that I've found in my area.
I just dove right in and am teaching myself how to use watercolor paint.  There are many techniques I have not tried yet but have heard of such as masking.  I will at some point give that a try.  Preserving white space is very difficult I agree.
Here is my second attempt at watercolor, while I'm not extremely pleased with it, I can see that I am getting better with practice.

1 comment: