Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another tweet?

Have you ever heard of "Secret Sisters"  I had never heard of this before until I joined a group a wonderful ladies.   We all for the most part met on line...strange isn't it.  Or at least it is to me.  It's quite entertaining we chit chat on Facebook, sometime we complain about life in general and sometimes we just have a good laugh.  We gather via Facebook everyday, it's our coffee shop of sorts.  Each month we send out a gift or a card and we keep our identity a secret.  We all know each other well so we know what to send.  After about 6 months we trade in our SS for a new model and start the whole thing over again.  Its' quite fun, you should consider doing this.  Getting a little something in the mail each month is like having Christmas 12 months of the year.  Anyway here is the prezzi I was surprised with this month.  I love anything that makes my home smell fresh...since we have pets one being a large Macaw that is dusty and needs lots of baths..:).  Anyway here is a picture


My SS is having a baby, I don't have a clue if it's a boy or a girl yet...(I'm hoping for a girl)  so for the last two days I've been working on a baby quilt for her.  No, I haven't been given a theme and I do not know the color of the nursery yet, mostly because I don't want to ask and give my self away.  Anyway here is the quilt so far.  I have all the appliques completed, and on this quilt it is the most time consuming part.  I actually have all the blocks completed as well.  Today, I'll sew them all together so I can try to figure out what size goose chase boarder I'll need.  This is the part that worries me, I do not have a clue how to figure that out so that the goose chase's fit perfectly around the quilt.  I'll show you when I've added that, wish me luck because I'm going to need it.
I do hope that she loves it, I also hope that it is appropriated for a girl or a boy.  As you can probably tell if you've looked though older posts, I love little birdies....we can hope she does too.


Here are some pictures of the "Baby Quilt In Progress"




2 comments:

  1. Too cute. Aren't you afraid she'll read your blog?
    And have you ever used EQ7. That would help you figure out your border. I'm a fine one to talk. I have a quilt I've been messing with and it's not on EQ so I've been trying to do it off the cuff. I'm not so good at that. LOL

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't really promote my blog so I feel pretty secure that she'll never see it. And I can't help but post images of fun stuff I love to do. I don't have EQ. I do have Quilt Pro 6 and all the foundation factory's including foundation boarders. I got the quilt all sewn together today and worked on the boarder. I finally figured out the size and have one side strip done...I think it would be faster without foundations! I'll post a picture soon :0)

    ReplyDelete