Saturday, June 29, 2013

So nice to have a garden!

Our garden boxes are doing so well this year.  We are getting so many vegetables I'm having to find ways to use all the produce.  Tomatoes, wow they are going crazy and even with all the birds pecking at them we still have more than enough.
I made pasta and meatballs last night and the sauce was completely made from produce from my garden.  It's a great way to use up all those tomatoes close to going bad.
I stewed about 15 tomatoes with garlic and salt and pepper then ran them through a sieve.  I then added a shredded carrot, one stock of fennel, one onion, more garlic and herbs, basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, parsley,  and cooked most of the day.  Then I put it all in a food processor and processed till smooth...oh how tasty was this.  The meatballs, well I used the 1170 meatloaf recipe (halved) and just made them into meatballs instead...oh so yummy too!  Here is the result:



After eating this delicious creation I sat out on the porch and enjoyed the rest of the day.  It was another scorcher today but it was cooler by this time.  With a big glass of homemade lemonade and the beautiful wild flowers right in front of my view, who could ask for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment