Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A few reproduction looms on my work benches.

My shops re-open on February 1st even though it is still pretty darn cold.  We will see how it goes.  But while my shop was closed of course I did work when the whether permitted and even though today is super cold I managed to get this walnut treadle complete cut out.  This picture is before I routed all the parts but you get the picture.  With this loom this close to finished I can work on it when I get the chance so she'll be done sooner than I expected.  I also got a Maple top all glued up and ready to cut, so there's that!



And I also have 3 of the reproduction box looms all cut out and am putting a finish on the body parts now.  I have already completed the heddles and they have a finish on them but those are a bit of a surprise.  I used a reproduction design this time for the heddles and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Here is the first coat of poly on the body parts.  Cherry, Walnut and Paduak are the woods I chose for these.



1 comment:

  1. I am sew impressed with how talented you are. You make such pretty things

    ReplyDelete