Sunday, January 6, 2019

More progress made on the Cherry and Purpleheart 2 Treadle Loom

ll parts are sanded now and a few more made so all that is left to make are the heddles and tools. I'm gluing up the leg assemblies today. Yesterday my son visited as he normally does on Saturday. :) (Yes, I'm a lucky mom :) ) I did run the warp cage reel parts yesterday morning so those are done and I rand the take up rod and the warp cage rod today. I built her again before I did the leg glue ups and all looks good. Once the legs are good and dry tomorrow I'll do one more build and check that all is good. I need to sand the leg assemblies a bit then I will get started on getting a finish on her. While I'm doing the finish I will run the heddles and tools and get them ready. This one is close to done.
I did also get a walnut top glued up so the next one will be all walnut. I may do some parts in another wood but I haven't decided yet. I'll have to see what I can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment