Years ago, maybe 10 or so, a friend dragged me to a card making bee of sorts. I'm ashamed to say I do not remember what friend it was. We made three cards and that was my first group project ever. I had fun but never have done too much with card making. Since I have so many hobbies I only make thank you cards and the occasional birthday card for the most part. Here lately I have been making note cards that I write little notes in for my niece who is currently deployed.
Well as the boutique workshops are winding down and the end of this year and a half long project is almost over, I decided to make handmade thank you cards for all the wonderful ladies that attended our workshops. We have been so blessed with so much participation that I had many cards to make. I found this video on YouTube for the cutest thank you card and decided I'd set out to make this card.
Here is the video:
The unfortunate thing was, I didn't have the Cricut cartridge "Country Life" so I had to go get that and I didn't have the cute rubber stamp "Thank you sew much". I wasn't able to get that stamp because it was retired, but I made due with a "Thank You" stamp I already had. I also had to get a couple Tim Holtz rubber stamps, I was so glad they were not retired! This project took nearly two whole days to complete. I had 45 thank you cards to make! The little sewing machine took the longest to make because there are so many tiny pieces to it. It would have been less time consuming if it wasn't a Cricut project, Sizzix dies would have been so much faster. Here are pictures of a few of my finished cards...I couldn't make up my mind on the design.
I ended up choosing the one on the left but using brown ribbon instead of the tape measure ribbon. Adding thread and a needle to the spool was just too time consuming since I had so many cards to make.
Here are some more pictures and close up's of the cards. Also a picture of the huge mess card making makes! I had to use my spare bedroom for this project because I already had a project going in my sewing room. It was a bit tight but with two tables it worked out fine. The mess is cleaned up now but I've left the tables and machines in the room for when I make my Christmas cards in the next couple weeks. (Hoping to find time!)
I used my printer for the sentiment on the inside of the card.
Here is a box full of some of the cards.
Here are the tiny pieces needed for the sewing machine.
Here is the mess....
This would have been a faster machine to use! I did use it to make my niece a thanksgiving card with a pumpkin on the front!
Another pile of junk!
The good news, everything is cleaned up, all dies are back in their boxes and this mess above looks like I was never in that room except to set up some tables and my machines ready for a project! :)