Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cloth doll with tentacles???

I'm guessing you sew too right?  You have people all the time that have requests?  Sometimes people even ask you..."will you make me a quilt"  my short answer is No and my long answer is to explain how expensive and time consuming a quilt is that selling them or giving them away is extremely difficult.  I rarely make a quilt for someone else any more...  If you get one from me then you must be super special to me.
Oh anyway that's not what this post is about, it's about a request for a doll...  A friend wanted me to make a doll to match a character she drew.  It was intriguing to me so I took on the challenge...
Well...I failed <<< laughing  mind you if I were to make it again it would be much better I assure you but since I was doing it for a trade and making a doll is expensive (of course she doesn't know that) I sent her the doll as is.  I might make another one just to see if I can but it will be for me or for me to sell...
So here is the doll I made....  He looks rather creepy but he is not supposed to be creepy.  His hair is suppose to look like suction-cup less tentacles not dread locks but now I know how to make dread locks!!!  I decided to let her paint his face since it is her painted character she would be better suited for bringing him to life.

Here he is before I put a clamp on his head to slim his face.


 These are after hours of clamping his head.










1 comment:

  1. He does and doesn't look creepy. You are sew talented
    I know I keep saying that but it's the truth

    ReplyDelete