Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Irish Chain Quilt nearing completion

I found this pattern on the Missouri Star site video's section, it's called Irish Chain.  This is so easy it will make you sick!  I found this "fabric for a cause" at the Spring Quilt shop and purchase 3 jelly rolls, and a fat quarter bundle as well as backing for any quilt I decided to make using it.  In the Missouri Star video for this quilt there is no borders but I'm going to add boarders using nearly an entire 40 piece jelly roll.  Can't wait to show you.  This will be the largest quilt I have ever made.  It is a king size quilt, it is so large I had to take it to the quilt shop to take the picture.  I promise to take another picture once the borders are on.  You are going to be so jealous that you'll have to make one for yourself.
This quilt takes 1 - 40 strip jelly rolls plus 8 more strips of assorted colors and 1 - 40 strip solid (I used white and I cut my own jelly roll for the solid fabric) and 6 yards of the same color solid as your solid jelly roll.    Very quick to put together!
Here is the video on You Tube but please be sure and visit their site because it has so much to offer.



2 comments: